Call for free advice

0800 158 8295

Or we can call you back




Stay in touch
Connect with Edward P Carlson or subscribe to the Edward P Carlson newsletter for the latest industry updates, events and information.
Connect with us

Display Energy Certificate

If your property attracts numerous visitors, it can be advantageous or even crucial to promote and demonstrate your property’s energy efficiency. With a Display Energy Certificate, you will draw awareness to your property’s energy usage.

For commercial and public buildings that have a floor area of more than 500m2, the owner must have a Display Energy Certificate. The DEC must be prominently visible to ensure it is on view for the public.

Just like Energy Performance Certificates, the rating of the building is from A to G, A being the most efficient and G being the least efficient. It is calculated by measuring the amount of metered energy used in the last 12 months.

The rating is an indicator of the amount of carbon dioxide emissions produced by the building. An A rating will have the lowest level of CO2 emissions, which means it’s the most energy efficient and a G rating has the highest emission levels, and therefore is the least energy efficient.

Buildings that are larger than 1000m2 have to show the ratings for the previous two years if they are available.

Call us now on 0800 158 8295 for any enquiry
Enquire Now
© 2016 Copyright
Edward P Carlson Ltd
All rights reserved.
Registered in England. Company No. 7290489

© Copyright 2019 .

Responsive Menu Clicked Image