Home Condition Surveys
Edward P. Carlson fully understands that buying a house is a serious commitment and investment. We want to make sure you make the right decision without suffering financial loss due to high maintenance costs. Our Home Condition Report (HCR) is there to help you.
The reports must be carried out by an accredited and qualified residential property surveyor and follows a detailed inspection.
If you have found your dream house, it is wise to ensure it will live up to expectations before signing on that dotted line. A HCS will inform you of any issues found with the property before you purchase the house. The survey takes around 3-4 hours to complete.
The survey will investigate whether the house suffers from the following:
- Signs of structural movement like subsidence
- Dry and wet rot
- Alterations to the buildings structure.
- Serious environmental/health and safety issues
- General building conditions
- Heating and electrical systems
A HCR is produced in order to inform the buyer of any of these issues. The report also gives recommendations for any issues that require further investigations.
The report includes:
- The detailed report with the surveys findings
- General condition of the building on the date the survey was taken
- The energy performance certificate along with suggestions on improving energy efficiency
- Any issues that need further investigation
- Insurance reinstatement costs